I then had to ask myself why I loved this game so much and the answer is, there are too many answers. All you need to do is play it and you’ll know what I mean.
- Attention to Minuscule Details
- If you sit there long enough, you’ll see things like ants slowly traveling up the trunk of a tree. Who takes the time for that level of detail??? I’ll tell you who, the talented Horizon team.
- Unforgettable Music
- Damn music caught me again. I swear, music must be my weakness because I literally bought the entire soundtrack for this game. One of those things I just had to have. And no, I didn’t just download it, I literally paid for it. That’s how much I love it.
- Realistic Story Line
- Starting the game, I had no idea it was in the realm of science fiction. But what’s terrifying is that I could see it becoming a reality without too much more technological advances on our part.
- Emotionally Captivating
- The last time I played a game and cried uncontrollably at some turn of events was Mass Effect 3 – another one of my all time favorite games.
But where does the “Inspired” part of my post come in? Well, I have been trying to get in touch with my creative side again (Consult Button on Etsy) and have since explained the thought process behind a couple of my pieces such as Wolf’s Rain and Alice in Wonderland.
And now, I want to share my love of Horizon. But where do I start? The icons and symbols for this game are not 100% clear so I haven’t been able to really create an absolutely clear Horizon piece. Nothing that says at one glance, I am inspired by Horizon Zero Dawn.
The result is I’ve been listening to the amazing soundtrack and immersing myself in pictures and videos. Thus, I have finally reached in my mind what I feel shows Horizon’s inspiration in me.
The necklace in particular is epic. All Natural Stones (Howlite), African Brass, Tibetan Brass and Turquoise, and Stainless Steel. It’s relatively heavy, but when I put it on, I felt like a Tribal Queen, a Hunter, a Warrior.
The bracelet I hoped would be Boho by design, but still feel like something you could see Aloy pulling onto her wrist before a battle. Wood and Brass are the main materials here, and they, more than anything, make me feel like I’m Aloy.
I plan to make a whole bunch of different concepts, but I thought these two would be a good way to start. I hope that my works inspire you to think of Horizon Zero Dawn. ❤
Categories: Art | Music | Movies